View Single Post
      10-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
13 NF
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50e

The point I have is after two weeks is acceptable to have a serious oil leak which has washed the engine bay with oil, rubber suspention parts,hoses and electrical parts and expect no further issues down the line.

The dealer phoned to day to explain an answer will be with us from BMW in the next 48 hours.

Another issue gave cause for concern today, and that is if BMW do agree to replace the car, it will not cover the add ons which I have paid for.

The Tracker and its 12 month subscription, tyre insurance,shortfall insurance and the 1200 mile service all add up to £1600,in 14 days! so if the car is replaced they may expect me to shell out that amount again. So that £3200 in a couple of months, THANKS BMW!

I have to stress none of this is confirmed but thats what I have been told.

Should I be grateful! I don't think so.

This is a expensive car thats gone wrong, its not the dealers fault they have been great, I just have no faith in BMW past experience tells me they are difficult to deal with in these situations and I get the feeling they would be doing me a great service replacing there faultly car and I should thank them !

I could be wrong, please give me your opinions, PARTICULARLY on the issue on the oil leak and the potentional issue keeping the car.

Thanks

Not the greatest experience for my first M3, and certainly no JOY
Appreciate 0