footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
@Celsius: You are wrong about the comparison between the two drivetrains, neither is FWD nor RWD "biased". Each can fully and actively split the torque front to rear. In this regard they are very equal. It does not matter where the transmissions are located, what matters is the hardware and software. Although slightly edging out the Evo X the GT-R and it share a lot in common with regards to their drivetrains and their level of technology.
I must admit from everything I have read I would have been under the impression that the EVO was more FWD biased than the GTR, it's engine is mounted transversely which normally means the awd system takes it's lead from the front unlike the GTR, the R8, Gallardo, 997Turbo etc which all in normal mode are sending almost all their power rearwards until the situation requires otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I know it sucks for all of the huge GT-R fans when a $30k, little 4 door Mitsubishi can in some way challenge (not in absolute performance, obviously, but in technology) the breakthrough $70k GT-R, but it does.
If that is what you think then it must really piss you off when you think how much better and technically advance the EVO is compared to the M3 for X much of $$ less.

But the very fact you are stating there is a $30K difference between the two cars should surely explain that the GTR must be more advanced, like it's not the case that Nissan's word is worth that much more than Mitsubishi now is it.
Appreciate 0