03-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #134
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
VET is a racing champ, he is not applying for sainthood. Senna, Prost and Schumi all were also champs and all did mea culpas, let's not crucify VET for this. I'll contend the racing with WEB might have caused a repeat of Turkey with 43 bagged points for RBR gone poof; that being said, it was WEB who was the bigger man and in the end, let VET through. At the end of the day, it was maximum points for the Infiniti Red Bull Racing F1 team, this will blow over quickly and we will race again in Shanghai in 3 weeks. F1 is soooooo much drama
Yea he is a racing champ and who knows he may end up being the youngest consecutive 4 time WDC winner. But if he does go down in the books as another Schumi then most will think he is just a selfish c*nt, excuse my French At least Schumi didn't try hide his behaviour, he came out and was like yea so what.

Senna whilst demonstrating similarities in terms of ruthlessness I think had an element of idealism of how racing should be pure added to the fact he had amazing skills and self-belief a higher power was there to guide him (not challenging his ideals). That being said F1 has moved on in terms of team dynamics and the multitude of variables.

Interesting season this is going to be, look forward to Hamilton and Rosberg challenging upfront and Webber getting his own back even if he doesn't have a hope in the world of winning the championship this year although I don't think we should write him off just yet.