View Single Post
      02-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec_E92 View Post
Not trying to be a d*ck but I wonder how different some of these comments would be if OP's title post was "just put on a brand new $1000 vorsteiner lip!" even with same pics
I think that people would find it 10 times more unacceptable. When you pay that kind of money, you expect a certain level of quality. For me that's not 100% but close, maybe 95%. In my experience with authentic parts, this has not been an issue. Especially in the M3 market, authentic parts seem to be of particularly good quality. There is a point though where the fitment is so poor that I don't want it on my vehicle regardless of price. This part is beyond that point for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutterMcGavin View Post
Thanks for the replay. Would you mind commenting on why you feel the fitment is incorrect? I'm curious why you feel that way and what I may be able to improve upon. Keep in mind as well that the pictures are extremely intimate in detail, more than I've seen of ANY lip before.

I'm curious as well. I NEVER claimed it ot be comparable to the more expensive/better options just putting my experience out there. True, it isn't a "high dollar" piece but does that make it "wrong?"

...also for those that feel I'm making a OEM or Arkym/Challenge/Reinvora VS. Rep comparison please don't view this thread as that type of argument. This isn't about who can afford what, etc. I could easily buy any part out there but that doesn't mean I should. Yes it is a 72k car and some would argue to put ridiculously priced parts on it. Partly, I would agree. It doesn't hurt to try other things so I did.
I'm not suggesting that the your installation is poor. The fitment of the part is poor IMO and I don't think it's your fault or even correctable. The area near the ducts has a lot of issues. The lip is too short in general. The part that goes under the "swoop" seems to have a rather large gap that you filled with silicone. I use silicone on gaps also but that one looks big, at least in the pics.

I understand that you aren't comparing it to a high dollar part and if you like it that's all that matters. I'm not an advocate of expensive parts just because the car is expensive. But for me, parts need to meet certain quality requirements to go on my car. Unfortunately, that generally means that I find myself forking over a lot of cash for authentic parts. I'm a frugal guy though so I usually buy used so I respect that fact that you gave this a shot. I did the same with my rear diffuser and I actually have a $75 eBay rear diffuser on my car now and it just so happens to fit great. It was so cheap i said why not and gave it a shot. However, this part just has too many issues in my opinion and does not meet my standards I have for aftermarket parts.
Appreciate 0