Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///austin View Post
Guys,

If I private party sell my 2008 Red/black coupe (every option but smg and extended leather) with 14,500 miles what should I look to get?

Dealers are telling me $50k on trade.

Thanks!
The $50K is good. But what's the cost on the new ____ you're buying? The $50K is only part of the equation. There's the cost of the replacement. There's also the cost of the financing if you're not buying outright (and comparison of that to any financing on the old car).

I'd suggest running some scenarios to see what your loss points are based on several deals. You're going to lose something here. The question is how much. Have a totally solid idea of what's a good business deal before going any further with any dealer and keep things within those lines when negotiating.

Hey, the car you have sounds plenty sweet to me so you probably don't really need a new one--make sure the dealer knows that as it helps leverage things in your favor. At the very least it won't hurt and it may help keep focus on the deal not the new toy.

So, are you thinking of keeping the wife's vert with the .9% financing and trading the M3 for an X3 or X5???
Appreciate 0