12-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #36
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanderbilt View Post
There are several hundred pages of posts on these forums about differential bolt failures.
Yep, I'm aware of them.

Quote:
You claim I hit "something". OK, you can only prove through impact analysis when considering the material type that I hit a pebble at highway speed.
A pebble, or road hump?

Quote:
Would you support the dealer denying a warranty claim on the engine for rock chips on the hood? After all, the hood hit "something."
If I was trying to claim "paint failure" (don't laugh, people do this), probably.

Quote:
I do suspect you work for my dealer.
You got me. I actually sent an email to my boss Ludwig Willisch right after I saw your thread last night, to make sure he knows to deny any escalation for this situation that makes it up to his office.

Quote:
Considerable personal expense (insurance deductible + at fault accident on record + insurance rate increase + potential CarFax entries = significantly reduced resale) is not the first recourse of an educated consumer especially when an engineer under oath would laugh at the premise presented by the dealer. It is as easy to call a lawyer as it is to call my insurance, why would you call insurance first? Makes no sense.
Now we're getting litigation going? Best of luck to you sir.
Appreciate 0