07-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemenmocha View Post
And they don't get the notion of how a car puts down what it has, especially as it was articulated towards the end with the chat about the torque band being at the high end of the RPM range. I honestly think for many on that forum they just think that you merely look at the HP number and torque number (even when they're not far apart) and then viola, you automatically know which car is faster.

I also don't think they're at all interested in overall handling capabilities of the respective cars. I see why "American muscle" is attractive to those with such a singular range of interests, but I don't understand why it is so widespread. It's as if straightline speed is pretty much the only thing that matters.
The second paragraph of your post hits home for me. My friends swear by straight line speed only and that's all they care about. To each their own I actually agree if they don't care about handling then they made the right choice. They respect the M3 but they prefer the "muscle" even though they can afford the BMW. Oh well, I'll have beers with them but I'll never agree with their taste in cars