06-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #102
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
I was more wondering what happened to the sub $30 per barrell oil and the subsequent lower gas prices we were promised for our "efforts" in Iraq. It was supposed to be one of the "bennefits" of this misguided war. Perhaps you don't remember, it was such a long time ago, and the reasons for going to war have changed alot since then.
Care to point out who made such a claim and when?

What reason for the war is operative now that was not before the war?

Quote:
Why is it ignorant to point out that Halliburton, Cheney's former company, overcharged the government by as much as sixty-one million dollars in the course of buying and transporting fuel from Kuwait into Iraq. The Last I checked Cheney is still receiving differed compensation from Halliburton.

I guess that's okay with you.
If you actually took the time to look into the overcharge incident you would find that it was Halliburton who brought the overcharges to the attention of the government, they actually made no money on the overcharges since they resulted from their being overcharged by a Kuwaiti subcontractor, and they lost money because of the incident because they paid the gov't back but were unable to recover it from their subcontractor.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i