Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
"driving an M3 the way that it's supposed to be driven"

My SA once said this to me jokingly when he informed me I need 2 new rear tires on my former e46 M3 ... we both smiled and I ordered 2 new rear tires. I did reply to him "yes when I need to like overtaking trucks like slingshot for safety" we both knew what that meant since I told him once how a truck driver fell asleep and almost shoved me over the cliff.

It is my opinion that you can't (..or shouldn't attempt to) drive a car like the M3 to its full potential in the absence of a track. I feel similarly about motorcycles which is why I track/race my 848 so often (..as it simultaneously curbs my appetite for speed and minimizes any tendency to drive above the limit on the street). Enlighten me enthusiasts!
I don't track my car, and I know what it is capable of doing I tested it out on a rented M3 on the autobahn. It is quite a trill. I would never drive the car on a track as I did on the autobahn on a Sunday early afternoon when most Germans are holding there noon sleep (Mittags Schlaf). Almost no traffic so to speak and it was fun.

Bottom line ... I drive this car for safety and I love the sure footed connection and feedback it provides when you have both hands on the wheel. I also respect the power the ///M Division folks have put under the hood.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0