View Single Post
      06-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
Longwong
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 catless

I have one of the common 3 tunes on this board. I am catless, drop in filter and a tune. Not an e85 specific tune. As long as you don't exceed about 25 percent e85 you have no trouble with no safety problem. Log your car with the BT tool periodically and you can see the car runs perfect a/f, LTFT is 4 when I ran it again which is nothing and the fuel pump and injectors are barely overworking. As long as all the spark plugs are relatively new and your coils are good than you are set. I tried it in another NA car and found I would get misfire with older plugs that did not misfire with straight gas.

It is really noticeable power and for some reason a level of smoothness that was shocking. Its 3.30 a gallon so way cheaper than race gas. I put in 3 gallons and 13 gallons 91 and it costs no more than a fillup with 91 but I get 93 octane plus additional cooling benefit which probably make it closer to 94 octane. People with 93 octane available could get 95 octane but not sure it is necessary as I am hitting the max timing targets with a 91/ e85 mix to about 93 but with some extra cooling over straight 93
Appreciate 0