Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I don't understand your E46 reference as related to this. You bet your ass it's possible for the asking price to go down because of a replaced roof. IND is all-good, but they're not BMW AG, and that's not a standard feature of that particular car. It would be like adding DCT to a 6MT car, and expect to your money back out of the conversion. As well as turning off a large percentage of potential buyers. I don't care what the OP ends up doing, but don't kid yourself about the impact it has in regards to resale.
there were many who did cf roof conversions on their e46 m3's. try to find one that hasn't sold and has been sitting for sale for a long amount of time. it's not going to happen because people WILL still buy them up so same will go for this car. i agree with you that most people will just go ahead and wait for the normal e92 with cf roof instead of buying this car but there still will be a buyer. i never said it will add value to the car or that the seller should get his invested money back for the conversion. i said that it will not lower the value from let's say kbb. neither of us are right until the day op sells his car. will it sell fast? everything else constant yes it will sell just as fast as any other e9x m3. how much will it sell for? only the buyers in the market will tell us
Appreciate 0