04-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #14
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON View Post
Hello Everyone,

I come from two x5 ownership experiences 4.4 and 4.8. I'm thinking of getting another (x50). Before I do I'm considering some alternatives. I'd love to get x5m but not in my budget. I like the stature, high ride and utility of x5. The new x3 I'm not sold on yet so I'm considering the m3 sedan. My wife has an x3 so we have the utility of an suv in the family. My driving is about 8,000 miles per year most of it is alone. I have one child so don't need a ton of room. So when I drive I want good looks, thrill, etc.

With this being said I'd love some insights and m3...

1) How is it in snow with appropriate tires? It appears like it has some type of traction control.
It can do a few inches of snow no problem. Traction control plays into this capability but all cars have it, it's just set up so it can be reasonable in snow. Don't expect it to take on as much snow as an x5 though.

Quote:
2) How is it in terms of comfort for long rides, daily driving and family use?
It's one of the most comfortable cars you'll ever take a long ride, or daily drive in short of something built for comfort.

Quote:
3) It appears like it has an automatic option with the double clutch trans.
Yes that's the automatic, it's an F1 style automatic gearbox.

Quote:
4) It seems like mpg would be about the same as an x5 50i.
yep

You might also want to look into something like a used 911 or panamera it seems like you're a bit lost about the whole world of a car enthusiast and the problem with that is that the M3 is going to be raw as others have said, and that's something you have to enjoy.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0