08-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Guys, the leather is treated with so many chemicals especially for UV... and if I'm not mistaken, even BMW says that using lotions is overkill since it can't even absorb through the chem treatments. I'm all for no lotion. I think people over do it.
+1 - lotions and conditioners are the death of any car leather - talk to a real leather professional and they will tell you. What you can and should do is clean the leather with a special very mild cleaner, such as Leather Master. You can apply a leather protectant, not a conditioner, after.

If you condition your leather all of the oils, collagen, or whatever other greasy stuff is in there, will over-saturate your leather with all that stuff and it looses its durability in the long run...the next comment will probably get me killed: The worst stuff is Leatherique and Lexol - a lot of marketing hype and yes it does soften your leather, but will destroy it in the long run...