Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I've noticed this effect shown in your picture. I've seen it with an all OEM system, with the GP Thunder set up and with the camaross+GP Thunders. The rings themselves are simply high sensitive to a narrow cone shaped viewing angle. Out side of that angle the rings can appear almost unlit. This characteristic is the same regardless of how much light is being pumped into the rings and regardless of the relative light balance between the rings. Although this leads to pictures like the one you have shown, I think it is more or less by design and intent. Just like you don't want a headlight pointing to the sky and blinding someone, you also don't want an angel eye pumping out a lot of brightness to the side, perhaps "brighting" a car you are overtaking.

Specifically can you tell us if the AIB system is immune from this? If it is not, which I suspect it isn't, this means the photo is not a fair comparison at all, showing the best of AIB and the worst for LUX. Move the eyes or camera a bit to one side or the other and the image might be entirely "reversed".
The picture is taken head on, I'm not sure how is isn't fair.

The fiber tubing dictates the final outcome, taking the picture at eye level (which is what most people will be seeing on the road) is best. The same would happen with any lightsource, including HID. Allowing the reflector system to evenly distribute the light keeps things uniform.

Three things need to be achieved:

1. Temperature color change
2. Uniform Brightness
3. Daytime viewing

AiB can promise all three, LUX is a very close second. Both LED kits keep inside headlamp temperatures safe, unlike HIDs.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0