View Single Post
      12-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #91
soberin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Just curious how much seat time you have in a 2012 C63 to make this comment or if it is based on older models or what you have read? I ask because I own an M3 and have spent time with a 2012 C63 coupe on the track and the difference in feel is not significant. True, the M3 is still the more precise car but to call the C63 a "luxury musclecar" is uniformed and I suspect you have no real seat time to back this up. The 2012 cars are VERY new to the market and many who "speculate" do so based on what they hear on internet forums, a preconceived bias or what they read relative to older model reviews.

The C63 does have more of a musclecar feel because of the power/torque but it is also a very refined and balanced car with great steering feel (more feedback than the M3 in my opinion) and is a capable track car. M3 is still a tick better for sure but it is damn close.
A very astute post. I drive a 2009 E90 with a Dinan stage III suspension, plus rear toe links, intake and exhaust. I have posted many times here my problems with the lack of steering feedback and feel in the E90, due to a design flaw in the steering system, including, but not limited to, much too much overboost. This has been widely confirmed by many motoring journals.

I have not driven the newest C63, only the 2009, which had zero steering feel--totally numb. How much better do you really think the C63 is now compared to the M3?
Appreciate 0