View Single Post
      01-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

PPO is SO much better. Example: I *mistakenly* let my wife drive the sled on NYE. She tried to stop us by putting her feet in the snow, instead of the brakes. MCL is strained pretty bad on both knees, or so the SINGLE MRI shows (insurance wouldn't approve MRI on both knees) So she got a script for a special knee brace, like linemen wear. Ortho could only llok at teh right knee *OFFICIALLY* but told us both were the same. We had to go back to the primary Dr. and convince him to write another script but just make it the left knee.
THEN she went to the place to get fitted for the brace, but insurance had not approved it yet, so we had to get on both Dr.s to send in forms, then FINALLY last Friday she got approval for the brace, and has an appointment on Thursday to get her brace.
So, something that with a PPO would have taken maybe 7 days including the fitting of the brace, will end up taking 25.
Yeah, it only cost us $60 for Dr. visits, and I think only $20 for each brace. PPO we would pay 10% of costs, probably.
Appreciate 0