View Single Post
      05-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #56
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone View Post
Alright...having wandered around this site for a while in recon mode I've gathered a lot of really good information and subsequently have decided that it's time to ditch the old zhp and replace it with an e90 M3...

However, I'm not sure the wife agrees with my assessment of the facts, so I'm asking for your help since clearly you guys are the most knowledgeable (flattery probably won't work on her either) about the subject matter.

So please help me by posting your best rational (...er maybe not for the M3..but you get the point) argument for why one needs an M3.

And since any responses to this thread have at least a 50% chance of being something along the lines of questioning my manhood for seeking the wife's input I'll just come out and say that those of us married guys should completely understand that even an M3 can be ruined when you have to hear, "Honey...I can't believe you spent $6X,XXX on an F'n Car" whenever you ride together anywhere...

Besides even flaming me for being whipped is a more enjoyable read then the 100th MDCT vs. MT post...
I can identify with your predicament.
I faced a similar challenge and one of the ways I succeeded is by convincing her that she drive as well.
I also had to comprise because I wanted a Coupe and she will rather have a Saloon- so she agreed to the M3 saloon. One thing I have noticed with my wife is that she can be initially be opposed to an idea, but with persistence she tends to see reason with me.
I have to say after we replaced her RAV4 with an X5, she seems more open to other options.
So right now she is for it, and I am holding to order it.
Appreciate 0