08-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #69
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
If you are going to be an armchair critic at least learn your facts!
And who is not being an armchair praiser or critic at this point before the car has been released?

Quote:
A limited slip is standard with a torsen optional on the base Boss and standard on the LS.Recaro's will be a free standing option on the base car standard on a LS.
I misread the article indeed LS diff std., Torsen LS optional. Not sure that approach makes sense for a "track ready special" (your phrase). Perhaps the adjutable suspension should be an option as well?

Quote:
Who wants an automatic manual for a track car.Not me for sure after watching the experiances of M-DCT owners.
Many who drive their DCTs aggressivel or track them appreciate the DCT for its performance and versatility. I do both. Sure their have been some growing pains and bugs but even with those the DCT is rated by most as a solid 9 or even 9.5/10.

Quote:
Most of us who track our M3's run a wider tire setup than the Boss is using.
My point was that the wider rubber will be a significant contributor to the cars lap times, that's it.

Quote:
Heavier than what?
Than the E92 M3.

Quote:
Its a track car not a poser car that is not comprimised for a nice street ride.
You meant to leave out the "not" above. Anyway I disagree. It is a production street car and like the majority of other track oriented production street cars most will never see a track.

Quote:
I love my M3 for normal use and also works OK on the track,not great but the Boss LS is game changer in the world of track ready specials that are affordable.
I would argue it is not a game changer at all and well optioned it does not appear that it will be particularly affordable either. Of course that term is highly subjective but it will probably be well into the $40k range.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0