View Single Post
      08-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #72
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
...Furthermore your experience "helping to design" a similar 1/4 mi simulator is in serious doubt. There is no such simulator that will match even a single car within 1/100s for the entire quarter mile.

...No need to insult my ability to read. You said my post on the comparo of power to the wheels per weight on the M3 v. C63 was pure speculation and likely incorrect then went right on to say

That was the basic premise of my entire post. How is it that I can't read?
Go to http://www.eec-tuner.com/

Then go to Products. Turns out ShiftMaster is still available.

I've never had trouble getting to within about a hundredth, using my own timeslips on a number of cars. I didn't do any of the code in this product, but helped work out the factors necessary to make an accurate calculation - with the help of numerous SAE papers, I must say.

Your post said that the M3 had around a 5% power-to-weight advantage, while my rough calculations showed the C63 had an approximate 1% power-to-weight advantage (assuming a 15 HP transmission loss compared to the stick M3). Therefore, I said what the heck, let's call it even.

By the way BER is *not* a factor in this discussion (or at least it shouldn't be). Under SAE testing standards, it's already accounted for in the numbers.

Bruce

PS - Sorry for the undue difficulty in copying my notes correctly. Can you tell me how to multi-quote?
Appreciate 0