View Single Post
      09-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #61
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinDelanoBluth View Post
I didn't see the point of your contradicting post berating the company for being secretive and then saying you would do the same. As far as competing kits in the future, from what I can tell the S85 engine in the M5/M6 has only two stroker options - Racing Dynamics and Dinan, and that motor has been out for 4 years. I think pricing for both kits is similar too. Maybe in a few years there will be a turbo/supercharger kit from some unheard of company for a fraction of the price, but I'd pass on that option. As far as spending money wisely is concerned, to each his own.
When did I berate them? The fact is they remain scretaive to protect their profits, that is a fact it is neither negative nor positive.

The E39 M5 was out for a much longer time than the E46 M3, which car had the larger aftermarket? Hell, how about vs. the E36 M3?

The M3's ALWAYS have more parts, superchargers, strokers, forced induction, you name it. Larger market that wants to tune, you should be able to figure that out.

Some unheard of company? I bet BHS will have something, maybe evosport, maybe turner, there are plenty of other tuners out there who have done engine work and are on Dinan's level of expertise if not higher.
Appreciate 0