07-05-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvstar9M3 View Post
What do you driving in the winter? I'm thinking of getting a second car for winters in new England... drove my M3 last winter but rather not this time; it drove fine, but too many variables to consider, specially how others drive in the city. I wanna spend 10k maximum; must be SUV; and I want something either fun or luxury or cool: Thinking wrangler or Lexus gx470, or even old an old Range Rover sport (2004-2006) or something....I have always wanted to get wrangler; the resale value are ridiculous on them though. Any thoughts on a beater?

Just find an old CR-V, RAV4, or some other small crossover or wagon with 4WD. Maintenance and upkeep should be cheap and easy. If you need some real utility, such as towing/hauling, consider a bigger SUV like an Explorer or Land Cruiser -- or even a truck. I would avoid stuff like a Range Rover (hilariously unreliable) or Wrangler (uncomfortable and small).

I suppose if it needs to be "cool", you could try and find an old Land Cruiser, though in my experience they have held their value quite well.