SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
What do you plan to do with the car? If you are interested in Tracking then how serious do you plan on getting? What is your goal for your driving skills? As your skills increase so does the speed and your need for more safety equipment.

At the track I have seen very nicely modified E30's and E36's. SPEC E36's are an affordable platform for serious Tracking. Many are available and many are already modified with the right equipment. And if something should break, it won't break the bank.

My favorite track car right now is my friend's Turner Motorsports prepared E90 328. He bought it "slightly" used.
It has everything and he flys!
Thanks for the insight Chris! I got a big laugh out of the "slightly used" Turner E90, I've seen those cars for sale and they are impressive to say the least.

My experience is mostly in Karting and I've done several different Driving Schools including the M school. As much as I'd like to move along with this car, in a Year or so I may find myself wanting more (not that the E30 couldn't be modified more) and that's why I'm leaning toward the E36. Knowing myself if I did get the E30 and that happens I wouldn't be able to part with it, should the need come up.

I'd like to really get into going to the track and refine my skills to possibly compete in club racing in a couple of years. I was also playing with the idea of a E46 but most of the ones that I've seen are double the price range that I've set for myself. I think around the 25k ish would be about the max I'd be willing to spend on a starter car for now. I'm sure there are good examples out there, I just need to do more digging and not go out and buy the first thing that I come across. Even as tempting as this is.

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0