watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
One can argue the OEM system has drone already around the 2k RPM range. Our SPORT system, which is TUV approved, is a great option if you are looking for minimal drone and a sport tone.

The RACE system should be purchased by those looking for a proper and loud tone, there will be some resonance, after all, it is a racing system with little perforations to promote the best performance gains possible.
That maybe so, but if you trying sell your exhaust system against other brands which nearly all give the same power gains and sound then a drone at 3000 revs in a sedan is probably not the exhaust I would want.

If you have the choice of a 3000 rev or 2000 rev drone, then I would go with 2000 revs. In testing & the R & D of this exhaust you can adjust where this rev drone appears in the way where baffels are place, construction type, material used inside and out.

The race exhaust I have has a small drone around 1700 rev, most other forum member using this exhaust stated there's was at around 2000 revs. I made changes on the joining pipes where the left & right muffler have interconnecting pipes which changed the resonance.

So it's not a hard thing to do, but at cruising highway speed in top gear, a 3000 rev drone I would not be happy with in a sedan. I could live with it at 2000.

I never stated you exhaust was'nt any good, its just you have competition out there.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0