11-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #30
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Has anyone been to BMW's M school and another racing/driving school that could offer perspective?
I did a one day /M event when they offered it out at Fontana, and it was ok. We didn't have an instructor in car so I didn't get much learning. The CCA has incar instruction, which is really helpful when you're starting out. It's the safest organization out there. Once you get faster, you may not like it but its a perfect way to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdoc View Post
I'm new to my M3 and have the same q's as the OP. This thread and the one linked regarding r-compound tires have been very helpful.

I have a further question on brakes though. My car is 99.9% daily driver. I could see how stainless lines could be beneficial and not be a problem on the street but is high temp brake fluid strictly a track thing? Also, do those running track pads really change back and forth when getting back on the street?

I've been on a track once at NCCAR in a friend's M3, which I put off the track bass-ackwards and sideways. I plan on the M school in April and after that, tracks as often as possible. However, given my job and location, hitting the track may only be once or twice/year.

Also, where is the best place to have SS lines put on, dealer or an independent shop?
Another tip for OP. KEEP THE DAMN TRACTION CONTROL ON!!!

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 11-20-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0