08-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #12
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
It is less than 10k cars per year if the model goes for 6 years.

This price will certainly cut into their volume but if it outperforms the current 911S, AM Vantage and RS4 I'd say it is worth $62k base.
Yep, 50000 is the projected number for the entire US run. Although I have been bracing myself for this number, I must say it takes away from my excitement. The RS4 is definetely not worth the price to begin with. There is a point I need to stop and ask how much of my savings do I want to blow on a car regardless of my ability to afford it. I was more than willing to let go of $60k in total; $70k is pushing it and makes me want to explore other options such as the Cayman S or a 2 year old 911S (although one can argue those are not similar products). I suspect that a significant number of people might think the same way, but we'll see. Anyway, gotta drive it before deciding. And, there is always the possibility this $62 figure might turn out to be false, but things have been pointing toward it in the past couple of months...

And, I also wonder what 10000/year @ $62k base price would do to the residuals, which have been excellent in the previous models. Expensive cars really take a hit in the first 2-3 years, especially if they are produced in relatively high volume.
Appreciate 0