05-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #118
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
That's a very mysterious statement, what do you mean? Or will all be revealed during next season's opener?
Firstly, I want to say to Mike Benvo that this in no way is an attempt to undermine his work. We all know he is way out there with this coding venture, and many on the forums are the beneficiary of his work. And, secondly, I want to make it clear that I'm simply putting two and two together and making some assumptions.

Mike has made a couple of postings that Euro MDM will let you drift, but later when armyav8tor actually tracked EuroMDM and reported his disappointment, Mike then posted that it won't actually let you drift.

If you've tracked E9x extensively, you become very familiar with just how intrusive MDM is at tight, slow corners and to what extent. So, I'm inclined to put my stock on armyav8tor's findings. And, I assume that Mike perhaps hasn't tested the EuroMDM on the track, yet. You really can't test these things on the street.

The collective knowledge this type of forum and the boldness of its members to go where no one has gone before (i.e. this retrofit) is a testament to the value of forums and is (aside the frequent entertainment value) the reason why we spend so much time on it. So, kudos to Mike and OP for figuring this out and making it work. Judging from all the excitement, many members without iDrive will finally get MDM.

But, EuroMDM (on top of finally getting MDM) is just an icing on the cake, and I don't think it's the main reason for most of the members for the excitement. As for the minority who were hoping to use it on the track, I'm pretty sure they're in for a disappointment. I too had considered getting it, but recently decided to go DSC off, so it's a moot point for me.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0