Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

BPM Tune

I just got BPM'd

http://www.bpmsport.com/

After reading about all the great feedback from Mike Benvo's tune I decided to try it out. I have never been a NA tuning fan because I never thought you can get much performance out of it. I love FI tunes because you can easily gain 20+ hp.

My dilemma was that I wanted more torque down low. I was on the verge of getting the Dinan Diff (either 3.45 or 3.62) but the cost vs real performance gains were coming up short. I've also thought about the low boost superchargers (non inter-cooled) but my car is a 2008 and I don't want the hassle of removing the SC for inspection.

After reading about all the positive results from the BPM tune I called Mike and we met up the next weekend (today). First off, Mike is exactly what other have described...Cool mutha brotha. He felt like a old friend. Very professional and made me feel comfortable during the entire process. He offered to upgrade my OEM software free of charge, but noticed that I had already upgraded recently (via EAS). The BPM Tune took no more than 10 minutes. Blazing fast. He hopped in my car in we went for a spin.

Okay, I was a bit of a puss and barely pushed my car...Mike said "don't you ever hit the redline?" Haha, even so the car was chirping on 1st thru 3rd gear. I've never seen my dsc go off like that.

Mike gave me a few recommended upgrades (MDM retrofit) then asked if I wanted to take a spin in his ride to see what having Euro MDM would feel like. Done. I hopped into his car....3 minutes later I almost shit in my pants. Damn Benvo's car is fast as fuck. He was hitting 100mph on the short strips. Next he showed me what MDM can do...Blast...Absolute blast...with his tune he was peeling around a hairpin turn to activate his MDM and demonstrating the difference between the Euro MDM vs the standard DSC. Hell of a way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Afterwards, we shook hands and I left. Then, I got to test the newly installed tune on my 45 mile drive home to OC.

I have to say the tune is a beast. My dsc is having a hard time keeping my wheels in check. I am getting way more torque down low. I am triggering my DSC all through 1st, and 2nd until I let off the gas. I tried starting in 2nd and slowly drove til I reached 2500 rpm and punched it and my back wheels lit up. DSC flashed until I left off the gas. Amazing!

On the freeway, I was riding in 6th. There were a few aggressive drivers and a little congestion but once it freed up I dropped it into 4th and the car took off. A 370z was trying to play but I pulled on that thing as if it was a Prius (No offense, my daily driver is a Prius).

Again this tune is truly amazing considering I only have a AA green filter and a Megan exhaust.

From my experience, It feels like adding 3psi of boost to my engine. I love the car and Mike Benvo is legit, so I highly recommend this shit!
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Last edited by Wendall; 12-17-2012 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 0