View Single Post
      10-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #33
EM-KOOP
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster12011 View Post
I can tell you for 100% Professional fact that no Korean car is engineered better then a german car. What everyone is so impressed by is a precieved quality and a bunch of electronic gizmos at a low cost. A rattle has so little to do with a cars level of engineering. Take a Hyundai Equus completely apart and examine exactly how it is built and the materials it is built from and it becomes very clear why it is able to be sold for such a cheap price. It is shit. Not even on par with a VW Golf, let alone a Lexus LS, or 7 series as Hyundai wants you to believe. I say give it 10 years, people will see what kind of cars the South Koreans really produce.
I may not have the technical background but I am in the industry and I can tell you, Hyundai/Kia has alot of manufacturers scrambling to keep up with the recent surge that the South Koreans have displayed. I'm an exterior designer for VW/Audi Group and just recently, we've been acknowledging and extensively looking into what the South Koreans have been doing. Until a couple of years ago, the 2 brands were rarely if ever mentioned in reviews and discussions. Now, they're listed as one of the leading competitors whenever we design a VW. If they produce such shit cars, how can they afford to provide such an extensive warranty? Wouldn't they be out of business, like tomorrow??? And in ten years, I think their product will be unbelievable. If they can progress the way they have recently, I feel that they'll surpass quite a few of the manufacturers that are mentioned in this thread. By no means am I trying to claim that a Hyundai is engineered better than a VW but you have to consider the fact that they haven't been in the business nearly as long as VW. Having said that, the accelerated progress of the South Koreans is undeniable.
And with the Equus, Hyundai actually takes quite a hit in price. It's a vehicle that they produced to gauge the response for such an upscale offering from a brand such as Hyundai. If you actually have taken an Equus completely apart and you can state for a fact that it's shit, then I have nothing to say but i highly doubt it's the crap that you claim it to be. Hyundai will be launching a luxury brand in the near future and I'm quite sure that the quality will be very, very good.
Even though I design for a German company(and love it!), I'm actually very proud of what South Koreans are producing nowadays.

Last edited by EM-KOOP; 10-02-2011 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0