08-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #41
PortoM3
M3lover
Germany
Rep
Drives: SSII M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Junkie View Post
I took my girlfriend out to look at cars a few weeks ago. We looked at Mini's, BMWs, and VWs. I'm personally pushing for a Cooper S.

We pulled up to the VW dealer in the M3 and the salesguy came out to meet us. We ended up driving a Jetta GLI. The sales guy did his rant explaining everything about the car while I drove toward an area with some fun twisties. He was heading for trouble when he started taking jabs at the M3: "well, your BMW has lots of power I'm sure, but the GLI makes a ton of torque which makes it alot more fun to drive in the corners" ... and "the handling on the GLI package could give your car a run for its money"

I just smiled whenever he said something stupid. Remember the twisties I mentioned? I took most of them sideways, tires screaming, salesman grasping the oh-shit handles for dear life. At one point casually I said, "wow, the handling sure is nice" That shut him up. His face was off-white for the remainder of the test drive. Frankly, I don't think he could handle a hot-lap in the M3
Man, I was laughing so hard and I shared the story with my wife, and she said, "did he ask the salesman to drive the GLI and race him against the M3." I think that would have shut him up. Did you buy a car from him?
also, that makes me think what people did to the used cars I bought in the past before I bought them. I am so glad my baby was a "virgin" when I got her.
Appreciate 0