aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
It's actually 180ml (0.18 liter), measured with a syringe, so you were 80% off . But I sucked oil all the way down with a long needle, not just to the base. Must be a valve somewhere, as oil should just flow down into the engine, no? Still not enough to worry about, but more than I thought. Next time I'll suck it with my vacuum fluid extractor, but wanted to measure it this first time just for kicks. The good news is 8.8 + 0.2 = 9.0 ltr, so no need to store 0.2L anymore . Good day.
I think 9 litres sounds right. I did my oil change today, and emptied everything, including sucking out the oil filter. I sucked out a fair amount from the filter ... and I think 180 ml mentioned above is close to the mark. I didn't measure.

Filled with 8.8 ltr and the car is showing between min=max. I am sure there is room for another 200 ml. I am going to pour that in shortly and I don't think that's an overfill. It should show max, and even if it's an overfill it shouldn't hurt.

P.S. See the image after topping up 200ml - making it 9 ltr in all. Doesn't even max out. Unless there is a problem with the sensor. Hope that's not the case.
Attached Images

Last edited by aussiem3; 12-22-2012 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0