United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [8.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
I have this: http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218331143698

Fits my stuff comfortably plus I can attach my tripod from the back.. I'm sure your local best buy will have a couple in the crappy photography section check it out!
Not bad... Didn't even know Manfrotto made bags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I have the Kata DR-467i. It fits my T1i with 24-105mm attached, plus four other lenses (smaller primes, UWA, and my 55-250mm), al in the lower compartment. It also fits my 16" Dell laptop (and will easily fit a 15" MacBook Pro). The upper compartment can hold another lens (like a 70-200), but I use it for all my filters, batteries, cables, remotes, etc, etc. It also has some smaller front pockets for such stuff. It has a pull-out holder for a tripod as well. Pretty easy to carry on one shoulder or two. It has a strap across the back for slipping over a rolling suitcase handle.

Note: When it's loaded, it's heavy. And yours will be worse with more lenses and the big 70-200. I load mine up for travel to wherever I'm going and then I use a smaller sling style bag for day-to-day walking around. I also just ordered a smaller messenger style bag for such use.
That's a unique bag. It's a little odd for everything I'm going to attempt to pack in it, though. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
I recently bought the Kata Bug-205 PL backpack before my India trip in December.

I haven't had a chance to write a review for it yet, but in short, I highly recommend this bag. It's strong, light, holds a ton of gear, etc. The straps are made out of a unique material that is very comfortable. I loaded this thing up with my 15" MacBook Pro, iPad, 5D2 with 70-200mm attached, 24-105mm, 50mm, 17-40mm, miscellaneous cables, storage cards, chargers, plugs, etc.

This bag could easily hold my 5D2 with the 100-400mm attached with all the other lenses around it.

The backpack was heavy with all this gear loaded in it, but it was still quite comfortable. I like how it looks. I was choose this over the Think Tank StreetWalker HardDrive. This bag was really nice too, but fugly, imo.
I remember you trying to make up your mind between the Thinktank and the Kata. Did you ultimately choose Kata for the aesthetics? I'll have to go see them both for myself at Adorama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Another option may be the Tenba Shootout backpacks. I've got the Medium size, and it holds a lot. The backpack straps can also be covered up for stuffing in an overhead bin, etc. You may need the Large though.....

http://www.tenba.com/products/Shooto...-Backpack.aspx

http://www.tenba.com/products/Shooto...-Backpack.aspx
This one actually looks pretty good, and I'm diggin' all the features it has. For some reason, the rep at B&H today kept trying to push me toward the Lowepro Pro Runner 350 over the Tenba, so I didn't even get a chance to get a good look at it. I'll have to go back and see again.
Appreciate 0