View Single Post
      05-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #40
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Thanks is300.

When I am ready to order a 135i, I will first go to Carmax as a start. Then I will go to the BMW dealer with a nice folder full of proof and numbers. I do this all the time. By tradding in the car I will save $1,000 in taxes, also not having to spend $$$ on advertising. I plan on ordering a 135i in Feb 09, and cleaning my car to show people in the winter will be a real pain, almost impossible. Plus how many people want to buy a used car at this time of year? I am estimating my car will be going for $19-19.5k at the dealers in Feb 09. The KBB trade-in value will be about $16.5k. With wholesale in good condition at about $14.5k. I know I could sell it for $18k, but how long it will take I don't know? In Feb 09 I am sure BMW will give me at least $1k off MSRP. So if they do that and give me $15k for the trade-in I will accept. But I will also try to sell it while waiting 8-10 weeks for the 135i delivery. If I was selling my car in May/June it would be much easier to clean it for viewing. I just don't want to order a 135i in May, then I won't get the car until July/Aug.

Thanks for the post !
Appreciate 0