View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #51
Windy City
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 IND/ESS modded vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I love the way the RS5 looks but I'm still put off by its 4000 pound curb weight.
This confuses me as a coupe weighs 3,700#. My convertible is over 4000#.
After driving the M3 for a few more weeks, I have realized several things are worse than I thought, not to mention way worse than the S5.

The wiper control is a total joke. Intermittent wipers should be just that. Not go fast when the car moves. Who thought that was a good idea?

The trans sucks, and it has not gotten any better. It reminds me a driving an old International pickup with the E brake on. Step on the gas, get the motor turning(fast) then wait a few seconds for it to come to life. Sucks.

I think the biggest thing I can't get over is lack of torque. Every other vehicle I own feels quicker off the line.

Then of course there is the sin of making the gauges completely useless. The steering wheel runs right through the only part of the gauges you need.
Even funnier is the BMW "shift lights". No one (except maybe a passenger) knows what they look like. Again hidden successfully behind the wheel.

Yet there is all this BS in their marketing (like their Idrive video) about how they use a simulator and cameras to perfect the system.
How about making the Ultimate Driving Machine's only 2 important gauges visible?
DOH!
Appreciate 0