DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiyourlife View Post
First of all, this thread is full of useless advice for you. You didn't specify your height or your BF%

You CAN effectively hit all body parts in a 3 day split so that other guys advice above is false. But, I would definitely change your routine because at 160 pounds, you are definitely still a beginner and shouldn’t be doing that split yet. These splits do work… But it isn’t the best solution for you at this point since you’ll be missing out on tons of size due to your lack of volume vs. recovery. As for supplements. No to loading on creatine. Yes to taking creatine post-workout along with your Whey or isolate protein.

First, you need to calculate your 10 rep max for all compound movements for:
Deep Squats (Ass below parallel)
Flat bench press
Bent Over Rows
Military Press
Stiff Legged Dead Lifts

Then, we can create a routine around those numbers. Your 10RM should be about 70% of your 1RM

If you’re looking to increase size, you need to increase strength. This is why we're working off you're 10RM. The amount of weight you gain is almost entirely dependent upon your caloric intake. At 160 pounds, your caloric maintenance levels are around 2400 calories and around 3200 calories if you need to put on some size. Focus on a % split of 40/40/20 for carbs/proteins/fats

As far as slimming down your waist/abs – I would suggest high intensity interval training for no more than 2 hours a week. HIIT is more effective than aerobic level cardio at 70%MHR IF you are trying to gain muscle (lifting weights). Otherwise, cardio for 20-30 min at 70-80%MHR will be perfect for losing body fat. Remember to keep your calories clean.
HUH? The guy is talking about loading creatine, not becoming Mr. America!

I will agree with you on this tho, if you are unsure about supplements, dont take them! Plain and simple! I know too many people that have there libido and testosterone levels all messed up from not researching stuff before you take it! Creatine is pretty safe, but anything past this and you better read up!