08-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #18
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
You wanted Bumblebee to be a Camry SE didn't you?
Haha...that would be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Hey,

To summarise, I would agree totally with you. The front looks great. The nose is a little extreme and obviously would be toned down for the production model and I'm sure the headlights will be larger and have more presence.

I think the front is going back to its roots. It reminds me of the old '68 Corvette C3. That is def a good thing. It even has blacked out pillars which most Corvettes have had.

The rear worrys me a little. It doesnt say Corvette at all and it also reminds me of the LF-A! I think it needs quad taillights just like all other Corvettes have had in the past. I also hope the exhausts arent as loud on the production model.

Excuse the pun, but overall I think it'll "transform" into a great Corvette Right now the new Camaro is my favourite muscle, it looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
+1 man.

Overall, the design isn't half bad, but it has such a concept feel to it that I wouldn't pay much heed. I like the idea of the intake/vents on the front and rear, but I'm not crazy about the execution of the headlights or the middle of the rear. The greenhouse is also a little awkward. The C pillars look strange. I also doubt the front would pass modern safety requirements. I'd wait for a more official looking concept to be honest. Btw, lovin the fenders.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts . I totally agree on the nose bit being too sleek and it will definitely be changed to meet the modern safety standards, as you both pointed out.

I also dislike the headlights being in the centre rather then on the side. And about the back, I would definitely prefer the present corvette's back light(quad circular lights...) because that's what makes a Corvette a Corvette. It's a special signature which needs to remain.

HKS, Camaro is sweet. Unlike Challenger.....Camaro combines both Muscle body+futuristic ques which inturn, makes it look . And I too think the C3 is the best in the bunch of C1,C2, C4, C5.

Bimmer, I love the fenders too....thats what made me rate the front so highly.

Thanks again...