Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I assume you mean you want to know who's got the best prices?

Try Topper Jewelers. Try Alan Furman. Check the other major GMSes on the Internet.

As a general guideline, if you get better than 7% off, you are doing well. One thing worth doing, particularly for a Rolex, is considering a used one. If you've got a reputable seller in your town, I'd start there and haggle. Make sure they open the case and let you look at it with a loupe.

Regardless of what price you get, stipulate that it must include a current factory servicing. If you do come to an agreement with the seller of a used one, and you got the service negotiated in, that look you took with the loupe will tell you if the service was actually performed.

It may be that the seller offers to do the service themselves. That's okay as there are plenty of qualified folks who can service a Rolex movement. They aren't especially complex movements to begin with. If the seller does the servicing, you'll want to visually check yourself. If Rolex does the servicing, you'll want their documentation that resulted from the servicing.

I think you get the thrust of what I"m suggesting. Good luck.

All the best.

Thank you for the insight! Very helpful!
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0