View Single Post
      09-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

this is a situation where it pays to drive the car as the dealer will only do the scheduled maintenance only that is needed. I just brought my car in 1 month prior to expriation and had wipers done, oil, AC evap changed (huge job!!) and they wouldn't touch the brakes saying they were fine. (car has 42k).. the brakes are fine, but it would be nice to get BMW to foot at least a set of pads. Plugs will be on you @ the 37k, other than that the car is pretty reliable and doesn't require much maintenance (even less than the e46 chassis).
Good luck on the driver's seat as they will most likely tell you it's wear and tear; this may vary from dealer to dealer.

I don't think you're seeing rust around the key cylinder as it is covered in some sort of grease and appears brown on a number of cars I have seen. Again, rub it with your finger to find out, as it may be some corrosion, who knows?
The only good I see from the dealer w/warranty replacements comes with the shitty BMW coated trim panels. My steering wheel cover has been replaced like 3x.

Other than that enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0