aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_MO View Post
I installed it two months ago. Have done plenty hard driving to "open it" properly, 5000 km done already.

Pro:
-Awesome sound under 4000rpm, not too loud, just perfect.
-50% lighter than stock.
-Love the looks!
-Quality.

Against:
-No big deal over 4000rpm, the higher level is reached at 4000 over that is just like stock ! And that's too bad because I want to hear it if I'm going over 4000rpm...so I don't like the parking show off set up.
-BIG DRONE between 3500-4000rpm...cruising at 130-160km/h it's headache for sure!

= Not satisfied.
It sounds great under load. Exotic and I am glad I bought one of these even at a price. I don't think from what I have heard out there no aftermarket come close to the ///PE. But then again as pointed out it's subjective.

Even with the stock exhaust there is drone between 1500-2000 rpm in 5th gear and it's present with the ///PE too. As long as you keep on the gas pedal it's fine but the moment you back off you hear the drone. It's not annoying like most aftermarket ones. Please don't take this as a criticism against any aftermarket product. Just my personal observation and I have the right to it.