12-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #39
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
For me, the 8:12 shows that the 1M is pretty much on par with the current M3 on track, which is pretty damned impressive when you consider the power differential.

I am mentally giving the M3 an 8:10 around the 'Ring, since Walter Rohrl says that PSC+ sneakers are worth five seconds in that venue.

Amazing. I'm thinking the chassis may just be sublime, and for the first time in a long while, I'm excited about a new M offering.

Looking at the specs, it seems as if the baby M may come in at quite a bit less than 3400 pounds, which is heartwarming. Converting Euro weight specs to SAE (full tank, nobody aboard and no luggage) gives you just a hair over 3300 pounds. Then adding U.S. safety stuff will add a few pounds.

Say, 3350 or so? I find it hard to believe, but maybe?

Cool.

I also think the quarter mile time may be down at 13 flat or so, possibly tickling the high twelves, at just below 110 mph.

My feelings echo yours. Although, some may consider the engine a disappointment I think the package, M package that is, will make it a wonderful car. Love the simple interior and the Alcantara. This car will be a lot of fun.
Appreciate 0