View Single Post
      10-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #11
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Can someone please enlighten me in regards to this thread. Are you allowed in the State that this forum member resides able not to have a front plate fitted?

I ask because he had it sitting on the dash for display. In our State one must have a front plate fitted and if I had my car serviced and the dealer saw the plate there on the dash without a note stuck to the back of it saying do not install he would.

Actually, I don't think the dealer here would let the new car leave the lot without it attached as they issue the plates and registration papers themselves, they have a direct computer link to the Transport Dept, they would probably get fined for breaching the Transport Act.

It's like the dealer washing your car, if you don't won't it done you have to tell them, should have had a sticky note on the back of the plate "do not fit" or not left it on the dash to begin with.

Anyway I would not want my dealer pissing in my trunk.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0