View Single Post
      11-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
Jim4M3
Rep
Drives: 328i now, M3 Sedan ETA MI 4/11

I put down my deposit for my M3 in early Oct ...I have a #2 fix on where I am 'in the line' at my dealer, with recent understanding from my CA that once the allocation and pricing come in, putting together my M3 order is "standard operating procedure" Pretty straight forward explanation... No line jumping scenario, and most important, a 'production build window date' is also assigned to my number. After my order goes onto the system, online tracking is available to me.

I trust my dealer going into this deal, but concerned from your 'post' I need to track my "position" better to assure my order gets into the system at earliest opportunity. My understanding with the allocation assigned to me is that I will have a "111" allocation "position" allowing up to 2 weeks to build my car with the dealer CA. After 2 weeks, that code goes to "097" allocation "position" which means I may lose the position but not the car. The build date is fixed on paper with the allocation numbers...real world dates may be another story.

Looking for M3 allocation update from my CA this week. Appreciate your comments.

Thank you
Glad to be aboard!

Last edited by Jim4M3; 11-28-2007 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: More clarification
Appreciate 0