03-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
Admranger, we meet again (thanks for all the help in the past re: I Stock race car).
Yeah, you really shouldn't admit knowing me in public. Ruins your image and alerts Homeland Security. Something about associating with known nutjobs(like me) or something like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
While the 08s may last a bit longer, from what I have heard the Pagid Yellows last a whole bit longer so it seems. How was your observation this past weekend? How long do the stock rotors (front) last you? (8 track days here before the cracks get through the circumference).
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but this was only my 2nd and 3rd track day with the car. I really didn't run that often and the first track session I was learning the track and watching my beginner classroom students run. I ran that session in 3rd gear and barely touched the brake pedal. Remember that other than the PFC pads, the car is bone stock and turned 10k miles on the trip. The stock PS2s are pretty well shot now but I have some RE11s on the way. I absolutely *hated* the PS2s out on the track as they didn't communicate anything to me about their grip level. I've used the RE11s on my wife's 2002 M3 and they do a much better job of communicating where you are on their grip curve. PS2s had a ton of grip, but then it was gone with no warning (no squealing or howling or any sound until it was too late). Not confidence inspiring...

The car is still sitting on the lift side of the garage waiting for me to swap the pads out so I have no idea on wear. My observations of the performance of the 08 is that it has a higher initial torque or bite than the 06 and it is really easy to modulate. The 06 doesn't have this same bite and it doesn't inspire the same confidence level that the 08 does. Either compound is still fine as an HPDE pad.

Interesting on the life of the Pagids. I knew they were good, but I haven't ever tried them. Might have to in the future.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0