Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Unhappy No price on the fly wheel replacement yet Damn

I have a 2008 E92 M3 with 85,000+ miles on it, I am told by friends and people I have asked think I might have a glaze spot in my fly wheel. I do not track my M3 the glaze spot is in the very high RPM area around 5500- 6000 RPM. If I press the M button with my setting being Sport Plus and I really get on it, as soon as I shift to 4th gear around 5500 RPM the clutch will slip and the RPM's would just max out , I tried to swift to 5th gear max out, 6th gear max out. The clutch pedal will get really stiff and stick until I let off the gas. If I drive the car normal without pressing the M button and get on it, no problem in the high RPM's the car drives normal no problem. As long as I don't hot rod the car with the M button pressed there is no problem it just drives normal with no slip in the clutch or RPM. I called my service rep ask about a new clutch repair and he said $3400.00+ including labor, parts, clutch and he said that is not even including the fly wheel if it needs to be replaced . I know I am driving on borrowed time I am in no rush to fix this problem because, I don't daily drive my M3. I know it is going to cost $$$$ and the problem is only when I press the M button when I hit the high RPM's in 4th gear. If you are a E9X M owner you know if you are at the high RPM's in this gear you are driving pretty fast for a quick spirit run on a empty back road or at the track . I never notice this problem by normal driving, and it was hard to notice the problem at first. I thought I shift the gears to late because when it slip at 5500-6000 RPM it would happen so fast no time to react, I would be like WTF just happened. Sorry for the OP I just wanted everyone to know what they might start seeing when the 08 M3 start getting into the high miles. Still not looking forward to getting a new fly wheel and stuff at Stealership cost but I miss being able to get up on it . I also don't trust just any shop to work on my M3 since most people clutch and flywheels have not started going out yet .

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,

Last edited by SHADY1; 02-16-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0