08-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #158
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

haters gonna hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
I'm kind of surprised by some of the comments on most people not being able to tell the M3 from a 335/328 etc. Being someone that has just recently gotten my M3 and had a 335i for over 2 years I have to say I disagree. I get more looks and people asking about my car or commenting on it than I ever did in my 335i. Some of them don't know what it is even but they know it's something cool haha. Anyways I did cross shop a lot of vehicles when I decided on the M3 including SRT8 Challengers, Camaro SS's, and the Mustang. It came down to what I really wanted. I love BMW's and there is definitely a difference in feel when driving them compared to most cars especially American ones. Having said that, I also have a 93 CHP 5.0 mustang that I'm restoring, and have had other american cars too. Buying a car like this is an emotional and personal thing. Everybody knows there's always gonna be someone out there in something cheaper that can smoke you. Let's see what all this competition for the M3 does for the next one that comes out though, and their obviously is a reason they keep using it as THE car to be judged by.
Appreciate 0