Drives: 2006 BMW M3 - Mystic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7owner View Post
Mr. Gomon,
I'm a 10+ year member of the BMW CCA (gotta remember the *******,
and while I've never owned a BMW (joined for the track events), I've been very
impressed with the friendliness and welcoming attitude of the members I've
met. I also read each issue of the Rondel, with particular attention to the
letters section, as well as Mike Miller's Tech column.

What surprises me is the loyalty shown by the members to a car manufacturer
that frequently seems to not care about what it's customers think, or stand
behind the cars it designs and builds. I think of the early E46 M3 engine
failures when using the SMG transmission, the worn Nikasil V8 and I6 engines,
failing plastic radiator and water pump parts, etc., and I wonder what the
firestorm of anger would be like if these were more "common" cars.

I also read the many letters about substandard dealership support and repairs,
and have noticed that there do seem to be more "Dear John" notes, where
people are talking about their new Audi's or Mercedes, etc. Perhaps there is
a limit to how much owners of expensive cars will take before walking away.

So here we have (what seems to be) a sincere effort by a customer to buy
a new M3, and a dealership that has stooped to record lows in trying to
thwart a sale that's not at the price-premium they hoped for. I think the
early comments from Ken and Fil/Husker's reps are the most credible (before
all the real anger), and they make clear that Husker DID NOT WANT TO
SELL!

Now after the firestorm, they're sending multiple lawyers after Ken, and seem
to be looking for credible supporters. That's where I find your posts to be
difficult to accept.

You clearly want to maintain good relations with Husker, seemingly at the
expense of disgruntled owners. There've been plenty of other posters who've
made clear their own difficult/disappointing experiences with BMW dealers,
Husker or others, and yet you're telling us that the two local dealers are all
[paraphrased] "fine, upstanding citizens".

No, I don't think so. I think you're more interested in maintaining the "perks"
you might get from your position as a Chapter President, and don't like seeing
the boat being rocked so violently. If I were a local Chapter member, I would
be paying attention to your position, and looking around for another member
to support in the next election.

Perhaps that's wishful thinking, but hey, if more Chapter heads were willing
to fight for their members, maybe enough little pushes would finally be able
to steer the big BMW boat in a better direction, one where customer
appreciation really meant something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fba11 View Post
Jeff, you may believe this as told to you by the dealer. I for one, given the subsequent indications (such as their attempts to put terms on how long Ken must hold on to the car, Fil yelling and refusing to take Ken's credit card, etc. etc) seems to indicate that ego has taken overpowered common sense and logic on behalf of the dealer, Fil in particular (assuming he has logic and common sense to begin with).

Jeff, may I respectfully suggest that you are probably not as objective as you think you are. You had previous personal relationships with them, and you've never in your life met Ken in person. You've seen all the supporting documents first hand from Fil's side. Did you per chance listen in to any of the calls between the dealership and Ken/Scott? Finally, I am sure you realize tour relationships with Fil can make/break your events success.

Let me post this to you...had it not for what you call "mob mentality" (and Scott's represenation), do you really think Ken stood a snow ball chance in fiery inferno of getting even a bit of respectful response from the dealer? Why do you make it sound as if "mob mentality" is so bad when by your own observation, and Husker's bragging in the local newspaper, that they sold a ton more fine BMWs because of this publicity?

If this were true by just one iota, it wouldn't have progressed to this stage. They would have recognized the faux pas in the at least by the 3rd mistakes out of the hundreds by this time. Will they testify that they never shrill-bid their eBay auctions? How about the unresolved BBB complaints? Plenty of wasted opportunities...plenty.
EXACTLY!!!!

And thank you to both of you for posting. It's funny how the BMW CCA local president likes the dealership that has signed up the MOST members to BMW CCA. That, my friends, is called CONFLICT OF INTEREST. By his own admission, he has Fil's number in his cell.

Yet, every other person that has posted in this thread(and there have been many) who is from the Lincoln Nebraska area has noted how they do NOT like Husker. Funny, isn't it?

And, of course, as has been said, I doubt the car would have ever sold without the firestorm. But the reality is this: there are MANY BMW dealerships around this country who treat customers like absolute CRAP and are condescending, have bad service, and try to rip them off. Yet BMW NA continues to do NOTHING over and over and over and over and over again. I have never even once heard such things said about a Lexus dealer. Not once. Maybe it's no surprise they're #1 in customer satisfaction in Motor Trend and JD Power & Associates. Does anyone really think if this happened with a Lexus dealership and we contacted Lexus of North America they would respond with such carelessness as BMW NA is doing? Our BMW CCA Chapter President apparently thinks BMW NA might move its mighty hand to "comment" after this is all done. OH, hold the presses, they might "comment". I'm on the edge of my seat!!!!

Unless they actually DO something about dealers like this and their image across the country, it doesn't really matter. That my friends is part of the big reason said firestorm has happened. People repetitively getting screwed by BMW dealerships with no justice and no one to turn to and 0 interest or help from BMW NA. Why should they? BMW sales are higher than ever!! Every sucker wants to look good and drive a car with the blue and white Roundel. Since my E46 M3(which I miss dearly), I have not bought a BMW and am more hesitant because of issues like this.
Appreciate 0