MidnightM3
MidnightM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Originally Posted by MRSSIIM3 View Post
Roman, I am interested in supercharging my M3 as well. I am looking at VF, ESS, and G-Power.

My question to you: I know that supercharged m3s hold up well, but have you encountered ANY significant issues with customers' superchargers? And by significant i mean blown motors, or other supercharged related repairs that cost >5K to fix?
We have not but that is not to say it could not happen or never will. We take reliability very seriously when we develop and tune our products but anytime you add up to 50% + additional power to a vehicle there is always a chance you can break something. If you follow the guidelines we provide for our kits your chance of having a major failure are very slim but even stock motors, transmissions etc... have failures so there is never a guarantee.

Your best bet when adding power to your car is to use a tuner with a proven track record and use the product as intended. There is no substitute for real world, long term testing and R&D when it comes to adding FI to a vehicle.

I dont even have a M3 presently, but am thinking about e92 and sc'er.
Just wanted to share some support for ESS. Back when the 540 was king, before e39 M5, I built a special car and crowned the mod with ESS kit. They were very new to the U.S. then and we did a group buy. The tech who claimed to be approved by ESS, was really not and he screwed up my build. ESS sent over two techs (I think they were going to Sema or such anyway) and they drove 4 hours n. of SF, rebuilt the kit and tuned the car thoroughly before leaving. It ran like a charm while I owned it and I always appreciated their stand up effort and integrity. John
Now that is customer service support! Well done ESS!