View Single Post
      04-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #70
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Reading your posts tells me you know nothing about basketball.

I will agree with you that Green or DJ could have easily won the award over Kawhi,and I as a spurs fan would not feel anyway. I am very wary of giving these awards to guys who have missed significant time over others who have played more.

(Hence my reason for not liking it that KD and Westbrook were All Stars or Westbrook as good as he was to be an MVP candidate)

However Neither DJ or Draymond green are better defenders than Kawhi Leonard.
you have to remember, before this season Green was a bench player in GS. Kawhi Leonard is the finals MVP and he did not get that award necessarily for his scoring but because of his DEFENSIVE work on Kevin Durant in the conference Finals and LeBron James in the NBA Finals.
He has guarded every single MVP candidate from Curry to Harden to Westbrook to LeBron and has shut them down when he does.
the Spurs have been struggling this season without him, but almost ended up with a far better record and seeding than the clippers on the run they made when he returned to the lineup.

D'Andre Jordan is not a great defender, he is an excellent help defender and shot blocker but is not good on man to man D (Tim Duncan ate him fir Lunch in game 2 and will continue to do so for this series)
So we can agree that Draymod green is just as deserving (though not a better defender) than Kawhi, but D'Andre Jordan's qualifications are based a lot on hype and numbers rather than true defensive work
Sounds like you don't know much about basketball. You are bringing up what Leonard did in the previous season. Who gives a f*** what he did last season. The award is what NBA players accomplished this season.

If Leonard wasn't on a team that won the championship, I really doubt he would have won the DPOY award. He missed 1/4 of the season (played the least game to win the award) and the Spurs ended up in the 6th seed. While Draymond Green was consistent the whole season. He played practically every game throughout the whole season and missed a few games for rest for the playoffs and led the Warriors to the best defensive team in the league and #1 seed in the NBA. He is the most versatile defender in the league playing every position.

One of the analyst explained this perfectly. Because of the rivalry between the Clippers and Warrior. Their own media would put either Jordan or Green first then Kawahi second and Jordan or Green 3rd (or not even at all since 32 analyst didn't even think Green deserved to be even 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place for the DPOY).

BTW, more like Jordan ate Duncan for lunch? He shot 40% on game 1 scoring 11 points, 33% last night in game 3 with 4 points. He had 1 good night with 28 points.
Appreciate 0