Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
It's great that this service exists for those not wanting to dable in this themselves!

OP - they have to go through this extended process which will tie up one of their computers, and potentially service bays, for hours. My wife's car had to have the entire ECU reflashed for a headlight issue...took 2 hours, then failed, then took 5 hours and was done. So there is a resource that needs to be used and if BMW isn't reimbursing them, because there is no real issue, then who will pay?

The flash shouldn't take that long, the BMW system isn't efficient, unless there is something I'm missing. Mike probably knows more, and PG has posted on the topic as well...
Depends what they use. The main issue with the dealer system is that when they perform any update, it flashes many modules and also recodes all of them. Meaning any coding is lost, including retrofits, etc..

The new ICOM systems are extremely fast compared to the stuff they had last year

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0