View Single Post
      04-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #35
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335 COUPE

the hilton hawaiian village is where the lakers used to stay when they did their preseason exhibitions..for all outward appearances its a nice place..never been in the rooms but im certaint hey are nice...its not on the 'strip" of waikiki ..about 10 minute walk depending on how fast you walk...but it is between the ala moana shopping center (biggest and best mall in hawaii) and the waikiki strip...i suppose you can just find a cheaper hotel because im assuming your not spending most of the time in there anyway..if you want modern sleek type venue look up the 'edition'...its close by to the hilton... they took an old hotel and revamped it..modern rooms and lounges and restaurant.

clubs: pearl (in the ala moana shopping center)
bars: mai tais ( also in ala moana)
very accessible to tourists but still very frequented by locals.. pearl is the nicest club we have, and mai tai is a nice out door bar that plays local live music i think nightly...very popular. standing room only during weekend nights.

restaurant: roy's. nuff siad.

these reccomendations are places id like to go to if i were visiting for the first time..ofcourse theres alot of others places but generally speaking these places are always a 'hit'
Appreciate 0