Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
What I also said was that a tuned 135i COULD outrun a Lotus on the highway, and that hasn't been disproven either. The power to weigh ratio is close enough that it isn't impossible, or even unlikely. I've also done it personally several times, but that's another story altogether.

Ok, I might be able to give a somewhat objective opinion here. A tuned 135 WOULD outrun a Lotus on the highway. Hell, a stock one probably could. I had a 2006 (pre-SC) Exige and the car essentially hits an aerodynamic wall at about 120mph. It generates tremendous downforce which actually hampers straight line performance (highway type driving) at high speeds but aids in turning at moderately high speeds. This is why the car does so well on small, twisty tracks without long straights. The 135i is definitely faster than my Exige was in a straight line on a highway. Easily.

On a track like Lime Rock, the Exige will probably be faster because it's a slow track with only one straight. Watkins Glen is a faster track where the 135i power would more than compensate for slower cornering.

Oh, and FWIW, there is absolutely no way in hell that the OP beat an Atom. Period.
Appreciate 0